INN1.5.1-README:[Previous][Up to Table of Contents] [Next]
INN 1.5.1-README Changes to get INN 1.5
Changes since 1.5b2:
- The memory leaks in the perl hooks are plugged. These hooks look
to be a very valuable way of trimming make-money-fast posts and
- If news.daily is called with the 'delayrm' argument, then the
temporary file expire writes to is uniquely named (the pid is
added to the end). If something kills expirerm before it's
finished unlinking expired article, then the next news.daily wont
delete the temp file (so you can use it to remove the
articles). If expirem finishes properly, then the temp file is
moved to its normal spot (MOST_LOGS/expire.list).
- If a control message is malformed (such as a broken control
header), then the bad control message is no longer mailed to the
new admin and is simply logged to $MOST_LOGS/badcontrol.log. Admins
who lived through the recent swarm of badly forged rmgroup messages
will appreciate this I think.
- Using PGP for control message verification is now the default. It
is turned on in for all heirarchies I know of that are managed by
someone signing their control messages. I don't have the pgp keys
for all these people though. I only have the keys for
email@example.com (who does the big-8) and for firstname.lastname@example.org
(who manages fr.*). To turn this off (and I really recommend you
don't do that unless you have to) you need to change control.ctl
- If pgp doesn't exist on your system, and you forget fix config.data
and/or control.ctl, then all failed verifications due to missing
pgp binary, get logged to MOST_LOGS/failedpgp.log.
- If pgp ran, but fails to verify a control message (e.g. due to a
missing signature), then the control message is logged to
- nnrpd will kill itself (via an alarm) if it gets hung in sending
data to a client. The timeout for this is DEFAULT_TIMEOUT in
- Bug fixed in makehistory when creating a history file with the
'-s' and '-i' flags. Shoulds result in better dbz performance for
such history files.
- rnews exits with a non-zero exit code if the article it's
processing has malformed headers.
RKT Rapid-Links:[Search] [RKT Tips] Path: / Usenet RKT / For Providers / INN Setup / INN 1.5.1-README / 0015.htm
[Last Changed:$Date: 1996/12/17 04:40:00 $ $Revision: 1.39 $]
[Copyright: 1996 James Brister, Internet Software Consortium]
INN1.5.1 README:[Previous][Up to Table of Contents] [Next]
You can find a summary and links related to this topic
as part of the Mib Software Usenet RKT.