INN1.5.1-README:[Previous][Up to Table of Contents] [Next]
INN 1.5.1-README Changes to get INN 1.5b2
Rev 1.5b2 is mostly just bug fixes over 1.5b1.
- a fairly major performance fix (hammering of disk the active file
- slowed down some unnecessary buffer expansion.
- bug fix when accepting articles just slightly over max-size limit.
- The manpages for sections 1 and 8 have been cleaned up to show
options more clearly.
- Various new man pages (some being split up versions of other pages).
- A new directory authprogs that has a sample authorization program
for use with the nnrpd 'authinfo generic'. This is not integrated
in any way (not even a makefile) and is more for the curious
right now than for serious use. See the readme file in there.
- A new installation step will fixup the #! line of any perl
scripts to match the value you defined in config.data.
- grephistory has a new '-t' flag.
- more sample code (commented out) in the perl filters.
- innlog.pl understands more stuff in the log file.
- added an innshellvars.csh for those who login as news (or anyone
crazy enough to program in the c-shell).
There are still some known problems:
- The perl hooks leak memory.
- If the target of a funnel feed gets dropped and the funnel feed
itself doesn't get dropped, then the next time a article arrives
that should get fed to the funnel entry, innd will core dump.
e.g. in newsfeeds
if you 'ctlinnd drop bar', then things go bad very very quickly.
- The 'offered' count reported by innxmit is wrong if innxmit stops
issuing CHECKs and only issue TAKETHIS commands.
RKT Rapid-Links:[Search] [RKT Tips] Path: / Usenet RKT / For Providers / INN Setup / INN 1.5.1-README / 0016.htm
[Last Changed:$Date: 1996/12/17 04:40:00 $ $Revision: 1.39 $]
[Copyright: 1996 James Brister, Internet Software Consortium]
INN1.5.1 README:[Previous][Up to Table of Contents] [Next]
You can find a summary and links related to this topic
as part of the Mib Software Usenet RKT.