RKT Tips for Developers
The Usenet RKT is a compilation of numerous sources of documentation, not all authored by Mib Software. The copyright information is tacked to the bottom of each page. A topic will have the RKT logo and background only when it was authored by Mib Software. All rights reserved.
The information in the Usenet RKT is provided without warranty of any kind. Usenet is the term used to describe a very large and changing system of systems and procedures. We disclaim any responsibility should any information you obtain from us proves misleading. You take full responsibility for your actions. Please help us keep the Usenet RKT current and increasingly useful by making suggestions for improvements.
These tips will help you get the most out of the Developer's section of the Usenet RKT.
1. The Developer's section is written for an audience that is very familiar with the details of the newsserver architecture and terminology. Start at the RKT Tips for Providers and spend time in the Usenet RKT for Providers
2. If you can't find what you want by navigating the topic areas, then do a text search of the Usenet RKT. You can search titles only or the full text of RKT topics. This will expand your search to all areas of the RKT, so you can pick up applicable topics from the Users and Providers sections. Don't dismiss those topics because they were not written for you -- they may have the clue you need!
3. The Usenet RKT is only a starting point, it is not complete. Try doing a dejanews search Note: the news.software.nntp newsgroup is probably what you are interested in, and the "power search" feature can search particular newsgroups.
4. Inspect the Source code. The documentation may be incomplete or just plain wrong. The INN 1.5.1 source code is the final word.
5. Ask in a newsgroup (news.software.nntp) or in the groups specific to your machine/OS.
6. Consider Mib Software (coming later!)tools for managing news or consulting.
RKT Rapid-Links:[Search] [RKT Tips] Path:Usenet RKT / For Developers / softtips.htm
You are reading from the Usenet RKT
Comments? DocID: USERKT/softtips.htm
Copyright 1997, Forrest J. Cavalier III, Mib Software, INN customization and consulting