Mib Software announces the availability of Usenet Server Comparisons, providing daily statistical sampling and comparison to "expected" news server performance for a low monthly fee (now less than $1/day!)
This is a daily measurement of how well you are receiving articles, unlike the "Top 1000" which measures how well you send articles to your peers, and reports just once a month. Mib Software newsrAte reports show that you don't have to be anywhere close to the top of the Usenet "Top 1000" to be receiving articles well.
No more guesswork
- Benchmark against other servers to determine that you are receiving and delivering "full feed" Usenet content in the groups you carry.
- Identify trends in quality of incoming feeds. NewsrAte reports are the data to help you in making decisions to add or drop feeds.
- Get "hard" numbers to guide improvements and investments (or postpone unneeded expenditures!) in hardware and software
Measure what matters to your customers!
- The comparison is based on the articles you receive, not how good or fast you are at
pushing articles to your peers.
You don't have to be anywhere close to the top of the Usenet top 1000 to do well.
A handful of good feeds can get you above 98% in most newsgroups!
Convenient and Timely!
- Data is gathered and newsrAte reports are emailed to you daily.
You don't have to wait a month to see the effects of your changes and improvements in
your news system.
- Get the first reports within days after account setup.
- Each report has results broken down by newsgroup heirarchy, with separate reporting
for alt.binaries. See the example at:
- You don't email us data to process.
In fact, you don't do any work to generate the reports.
The sample data is gathered automaticallly through a brief reader connection.
- The sampling method works just as well for "leaf" nodes (with no outgoing feeds) as it
does for "backbone" top 10 sites.
- Groups you don't have aren't counted. Don't carry binaries? No problem, it isn't
going to affect your reported statistics.
- No need to run special data collection software.
There is no data collection process, eating up CPU and I/O resources on your
- It is not even required that you be running INN or Unix. (See Server Requirements for details.)
Learn more using
The newsrAte RKT
(Rapid Knowledge Transfer for common questions about newsrAte!)
Additional Services (including more detailed reports) are available from
Mib Software, on a "pay-as-you-go" basis, including...
Low setup fee, low monthly rates!
- detailed "missing articles" reports (for an individual newsgroup.)
- comparisons between your internal servers
- "stuck" articles report
- monitoring software
- more frequent reports
- and more.... Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions of Service (and signup)
Learn more using The newsrAte RKT (Rapid Knowledge Transfer for common questions about newsrAte!)
Up to Mib Software home
Copyright 1998, Forrest J. Cavalier III, Mib Software
INN customization and consulting