INN1.5.1-README:[Previous][Up to Table of Contents] [Next]
INN 1.5.1-README Changes to get INN 1.5a2
The second alpha included:
- PGP verification of control messages (from tale).
- actsync program (from chongo)
- Patches for spooling in nnrpd if innd is unavailable (from dneedham)
- XBATCH (compressed rnews-ready batches) support (via Matthias U.)
- The '-x' option from innd is removed and adding
Xref headers the standard behaviour. (from dneedham)
- The message format used by libcomm now includes a protocol
version and a byte-count header (so ctlinnd from previous
version won't work with this version).
- A new 'p' flag for the newsfeeds entries: the time the article
was posted (from Matthias U.)
- A LIST SUBSCRIPTIONS command for nnrpd (from dneedham).
- gzip compress recognition to rnews (from Matthias U.)
- A method of limiting those peers (in hosts.nntp) that can use
streaming (based on Christophe W.'s idea).
Heaps of other more minor patches from various people (see the
RKT Rapid-Links:[Search] [RKT Tips] Path: / Usenet RKT / For Providers / INN Setup / INN 1.5.1-README / 0019.htm
[Last Changed:$Date: 1996/12/17 04:40:00 $ $Revision: 1.39 $]
[Copyright: 1996 James Brister, Internet Software Consortium]
INN1.5.1 README:[Previous][Up to Table of Contents] [Next]
You can find a summary and links related to this topic
as part of the Mib Software Usenet RKT.