INN1.5.1-README:[Previous][Up to Table of Contents] [Next]
INN 1.5.1-README Changes to get INN 1.5a3
This is the third and last alpha of inn 1.5.
Things actually present but not properly noted in this README
+ innd will catch the SIGUSR1 signal and recreate the control
channel (for when something deletes the named socket) (dneedham).
+ 'cmsg' in Subject lines is ignored. The Control header is all tha
+ inews now asks the server it's talking to for the moderator
address info, so copying a moderators file around the network is
no longer necessary (dneedham).
This release includes the following new features.
- Perl support based on work done by Christophe Wolfhugel. It's had
some testing done, but no extensive experience with things like
memory footprint etc. See README.perl_hook for more details.
- Poison newsgroup flag ``@'' in newsfeeds by John Stapleton. See the newsfeeds(5) man page.
- John Stapleton's support for misbehaving readers: (a) short timeout
on first read (to catch readers who connect and then go away
immediately) and (b) restrict the number of times a remote system
can connect per N seconds. (See the `-X' `-H' and `-T' flags in the innd.8 man page.)
- Support for '-e' in expire (expire on earliest crosspost) by John
- Perl and tcl versions of innshellvars.
- If LOG_SIZE is set to DO in config.data, then the size of each
article will be put in the log entry.
- If LIKE_PULLERS is set to DONT, then a small sleep is done on
ARTICLE commands, and on HEAD and BODY after the first 100
commands done. This won't hinder normal readers, but will slow
down ``sucking'' feeds. - Updates to nntpsend an shrinkfile from chongo.
- Default pathnames in config.data are a little more consistent.
- Some bug fixes.
From here on out, all new features will have to wait for 1.6. This version
will turn into a publically advertised beta test fairly soon. Please hammer
on it and send in all bug reports to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
RKT Rapid-Links:[Search] [RKT Tips] Path: / Usenet RKT / For Providers / INN Setup / INN 1.5.1-README / 0018.htm
[Last Changed:$Date: 1996/12/17 04:40:00 $ $Revision: 1.39 $]
[Copyright: 1996 James Brister, Internet Software Consortium]
INN1.5.1 README:[Previous][Up to Table of Contents] [Next]
You can find a summary and links related to this topic
as part of the Mib Software Usenet RKT.