climit: nnrp.access simultaneous connection limits
"climit", from Mib Software, consists of a C language source file to be linked into nnrpd, and a patch to nnrpd. It limits the number of simultaneous connections from a single IP or groups of IPs.
How it works:
- Tracks the number of simultaneous nnrpd sessions servicing an individual IP or group of IPs to enforce a limit.
- Limits can be specifed per IP, or for a group of IP's together.
- If the number of simultaneous connections is already at the limit, nnrpd will return "access denied."
- nnrp.access remains completely compatible with your existing syntax. The limits are are specified within comments of nnrp.access.
- climit includes code to prevent stalled and killed nnrpd's from taking up "slots."
This is not free software. It comes with a warranty.
Obtain a license by becoming a Usenet RKT subscriber. It may not be redistributed. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receive the code.
- Install the patch. (Shipped for 1.5.1/1.5.1corr/INN 1.7)
- Rebuild and copy over the binaries.
- Create a directory "climit" under nnrp.access.
- Modify nnrp.access to define access classes and simultaneous connection limits.
nnrp.access remains completely compatible with your existing syntax.
The access classes are specified within comments of nnrp.access.
See climit extensions to the nnrp.access file for syntax and details.
RKT Rapid-Links:[Search] [RKT Tips] Path: / Usenet RKT / For Providers / INN Patches / climit.htm
You can find a summary and links related to this topic
as part of the Mib Software Usenet RKT.