How is the server accessed?
The newsrAte sample works through a standard NNTP reader connection. Your server is accessed as if by a news reading client, although the typical overhead is very low.
- access is once per day (Currently around 12:45 GMT)
- This service doesn't require you to use/run any special software.
- USER/PASS standard authentication is the default.
- Data for about 200 newsgroups is gathered in a low overhead, low impact session.
- The total connect time is usually less than 30 seconds with 100K bytes or less transferred.
How do I enable access so that my machine can be sampled?
I am (or am not) running INN. Can newsrAte sampling be done?
What if the server is unavailable at the sample time?
What exactly is being counted/compared?
How do I signup?
Up to The newsrAte RKT
Up to newsrAte home
Up to Mib Software home
Copyright 1998, Forrest J. Cavalier III, Mib Software
INN customization and consulting