Newsreader Requirement outline: Persistent Data
Note that these are minimum requirements. Your application features will probably have additional requirements.
In addition to the settings and configurations of display and user interface parameters, the newsreader must keep track of the following:
- Server host name, port
- SMTP server host name, port
- User name, passwords (if any)
- Default values for message headers (From, Organization, etc.) See Standard Usenet Message Format
- List of groups of interest. (Subscribed groups.)
- List of all groups, to show additions or deletions.
- List of which messages have been read.
RKT Rapid-Links:[Search] [RKT Tips] Path:Usenet RKT / For Developers / Creating a newsreader / 0230.htm
You are reading from the Usenet RKT
Comments? DocID: USERKT/0230.htm
Copyright 1997, Forrest J. Cavalier III, Mib Software, INN customization and consulting